Communities of Abilene Federal Credit Union Savings Accounts are a great way to plan for the future!We offer great dividend rates – check them out! Achieve your financial goals using the variety of savings and investment options we offer. Our Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are federally insured up to $250,000.
Money Market Savings
Earn high weekly dividends while still having access to your funds. Money Market Savings is an easy and safe investment tool to utilize if you want to make more interest than a basic savings account without being committed to a Share Certificate term. The tiers of the Money Market Account are based on balance. The more money you put in a Money Market Account, the more you’ll earn.
- $2,500 minimum balance to earn dividends
- Tiered Dividends – the more you save the more you earn
- No penalty for 3 (or less) transactions monthly
- Dividends declared and paid weekly
Term Share Certificates
No worries of the ups and downs of the financial market. Make the most of your money and watch it grow with a Share Certificate. Reliable and safe, you’ll earn a higher rate of return the longer you’re willing to commit to the Share Certificate and invest in a higher balance.
- 3 month to 60 month terms
- Low minimum of $500 to open
- Plus Share Certificate – one-time rate increase option
- Dividends paid monthly
- Renewed automatically at the end of term (at then current rate)
- You choose how you are paid. Interest can be deposited directly into your Share Certificate, Savings, Checking or it can be mailed to you directly in a check (over $10).
- Penalties accessed for early withdrawal
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) assist you in saving for your future. We have Traditional and Roth IRAs with competitive dividend rates. Contact us for more information on each type of IRA and we’ll help you decide what is best for your needs. Our IRAs are offered with variable dividends rates, the more you save the higher your earnings! All Share Certificate terms are also available as IRAs.
- Traditional IRAs permit individuals to deposit up to $5,500 annually if you are under 50 years of age and $6,500 if you are 50 years of age or older. Married couples can each contribute a maximum of $5,500, even if only one has earned income. The tax deductibility (check with qualified tax advisor) of IRA contributions depends on individual income for single taxpayers or combined income for married couples filing jointly.
- Roth IRA, unlike Traditional IRAs, contributions to a Roth IRA are never tax-deductible. However, the money in your Roth IRA, including earnings, can be withdrawn tax-free. Of course, you must conform to the plan provisions to get this tax-free advantage.
Additional Investment Services & Accounts
- CUNA Brokerage – Manage your investment portfolio with a full-service brokerage offering almost every kind of trade imaginable and tools to help you select the securities right for you.
- MEMBERS™ FOLIO Investing – Buy stocks one at a time or buy custom baskets of up to 50 stocks (Folios) in one simple transaction.
- Mutual Funds – Diversify quickly and invest in various asset types, classified by investment objectives.
- Variable Annuities – Accumulate retirement income through a tax-deferred account with a wide variety of investment options. For more information about a tax-deferred account at guaranteed rates, see Fixed Annuities under our insurance products.
- Variable Universal Life Insurance – Protect your life while growing cash value through a wide selection of investment options.